Marion GP Plus Health Care Centre, City of Marion, SA
DKJ projects. architecture was commissioned as part of the team to deliver the design of South Australia’s Marion GP Plus Health Centre and State Aquatic Centre.
The GP Plus Health Care Centre provides a working space that allows doctors and allied health professionals to work together under one proof.
The $26.5 million Centre offers high quality and well coordinated primary health care services in modern, accessible and family- Friday surroundings.
The Marion GP Plus Health Care Centre offers a wide range of health services including:
- Dental services for adults and children, student dental surgeries with fully equipped lab and sterilisation centre.
- Health and counselling services for young people
- Early childhood development services, including speech pathology
- Creche facilities and community Mental Health facilities
- Health services for older people with chronic conditions with medical practitioners providing specialised services to help management of these illnesses.
The centre’s planning solutions allow a large floorplate to provide service delivery zones for different user groups without compromising long term flexibility.
Teams of professionals including nurses, doctors psychologists, social workers, speech pathologists, social workers, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, health workers, dentists and dental therapists work together in the new centre and share common modern facilities such as staff cafes, breakout zones, meeting rooms and group rooms. The client has expressed that they are extremely happy with the outcome.
The building successfully provides variety of medical services and facilities.
The planning has been so successful, the Southern Adelaide Health Services will be updating their design guidelines to reflect aspects of the GP Plus Model.
Client: Southern Adelaide Health Service
(Completed whilst DKJ were part of Woodhead)